Upcoming Tri club events
We generally make events on Facebook so that is the place to go for the most up to date list.
- Monday 26th October, 2pm, Labour Day swim, FREE for members – see Facebook
- Sunday 31st October, 9am, Club time trial champs – more details
- 21st November, Open water swim clinics, 9am, 10am, 11am, tickets and more details here
- 27th November, Social Saturday coffee ride more details soon
- 28th November, Club standard distance champs enter here
If you’re looking to complete your first triathlon this is the place to start. Our local triathlon and off season duathlon series are run by the Barefoot sport team. A range of distances are usually available from ‘Give it a Tri’ (100m swim, 10km cycle, 2km run), Sprint or Olympic distance options, individual or team as well as duathlons and aqua bikes.
To see all the details check out: barefoottriathlonseries.co.nz.
All current members of Tri Wellington will receive a discount code that entitles them to $5 off every race in the Barefoot triathlon series in our monthly newsletter when the 21/22 series is announced.
If you’re looking for help training for a triathlon then check out local coaches in Wellington.
Each year we have club championship races in the sprint and standard distance. These will be announced in due course and are run in conjunction with the local Barefoot triathlon series. For those Aquathonners out there we’ll also have a club champs race at one of the Splash n Dash races.
We’re also looking at ways to incorporate running and cycling events into our club champs series, so stay tuned for more details!
- Time trial champs – 31st October. New for 2021, an achievable 18km race against the clock for everyone.
- Standard distance champs – 28th November – Enter here
- Sprint distance champs – 13th March – more details soon
Tri NZ national championships and World champs
Tri NZ support a number of championship races throughout the season, a calendar of events can be found here. Performing well in these races gives you the opportunity to go to the world championships in your selected distance. More information can be found here.
Splash n Dash:
The most fun you can have on a Wednesday night, Splash n Dash is a swim run series that has been a feature of the Wellington summer for the last 20 years, their season starts in December and runs right through to March. Come down and join – splashanddash.co.nz
Longer events – Ironman and beyond
A bucket list event for many club members is completing a half or full distance event. A half distance is a 1900m swim, 90km cycle and 21.1km run, a full distance is a 3,800m swim, 180km cycle and 42.2km run.
There are a number of great races throughout the season that many club members attend:
- IronMaori: half distance – December
- Taupo 70.3: half distance – December
- Rotorua Suffer: quarter, half, and double half distances – December
- Mount Festival of Multisport: half, aquabike and enduro distances – January
- Challenge Wanaka: half and aquabike distances – February
- Ironman New Zealand: half and full distances – March
If you’re looking for help on how to train for a triathlon, check out our recommended local coaches here. Our list of coaches will be more than happy to have a quick complimentary chat with you to find out more about you and whether they can help you on your triathlon journey.
Or look into our group training membership.
If you’re wanting to look nationwide for triathlons, running events and more check out this great website.